Kik Interactive has developed an application for communication between users as a free instant messaging application for mobile devices. The application is different from a normal messaging application as it does not use mobile number while registering. They allow the users to register using the username, and the user can search their friends by using a username or the address book. The application automatically searches the contacts for registered users and adds to the friend’s list.
Kik Messenger for Android Device Free Download:
If you skip allowing the application to find friends using the address book, you need to add contacts manually. There is one more feature called Kik Code which works as a QR Code, that allows the user to create their own Kik Code. This Kik code also allows the user to add friends just by scanning the other user’s Kik code with the camera or by searching the username.
How to Add a Friend Manually in Kik Messenger:
- To add a friend tap the green color search button at the bottom of the screen as shown in the figure above(Kik Home Screen).
- Tap on Find people button as shown in the figure below
- Then you can find different options to find people as shown in the figure below
Kik Messenger is available on most popular devices running on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Symbian operating systems. It is similar to iMessage, Mi Message, Blackberry Messenger. To use Kik Messenger user should have a working data plan on his mobile or a WiFi to send or receive messages. Users can also create groups. The company was established in the year 2009, created by a group of students from the university of waterloo.
Key Features Kik Messenger for Android:
- User can send free messages
- Can create groups among friends or family or business
- Can share media like pictures, voice messages, Videos
- Safe and Secure
- Can easily add a friend using Kik Code
- Can easily share your Kik code to anyone.
The application is available on Google play store for users on Android to download
If you want to download the apk file
Click here to download the apk file directly
Scan the QR Code given below
If you have downloaded the application on PC:
- Connect your mobile to the PC via USB cable.
- Copy the application to the external storage of the device.
- Disconnect the mobile safely.
If you have downloaded the application directly on the mobile using the mobile browser, then we can install the application directly.
Steps to Install Kik Messenger for Android Devices:
Before installing application on the mobile, there are few settings to be changed on your mobile these steps are only applicable for Android users, to enable allowing applications install from external sources (third party apps)
- To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Resources (enable it so that it allows the applications to install from Unknown Sources).
- Now the application downloaded on the desktop can be copied to the SD card in the mobile (for PC download) via USB cable.
- Go to the location where the application is downloaded (for mobile download)
- Tap the application and click on install.
- Now the application will be installed on the mobile as the permissions in Android are changed.
For MIUI users to enable applications to install from external sources or to disable 10 seconds timer before you install an app manually, follow the steps below
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Device Administration > Scan Third Party Apps.
- In that dropdown select doesn’t use, this disables the 10 seconds timer before you install an application from external source.
Note: By following these steps of installation does not root your mobile, these are the steps to make few changes in the settings to install applications from external sources, and it is safe. If you want to revert the changes follow the same steps and disable Unknown Resources.